Popcorn Time 0.3.8-5 Beta Description
Watching movies with your family or friends is a great way to unwind after a hard day at work or at school, so you should do on a regular basis. While there are many applications that can help you improve the quality of the time you spend together, Popcorn Time 0.3.8-5 Beta is a special one since it provides you with the movies you can play for your buddies.
- Play movies streamed on torrents
It needs to be emphasized from the beginning that it is best to run the application on computers running operating systems newer than Windows 7 (it may also work on older ones, but the user experience is bound to be affected).
The graphic interface is highly intuitive so that even if you have little or no computer you will still be able to understand the functions.
Basically you need to explore the movie categories and look for one that appeals to you, be it a drama, thriller, animation, comedy, Sci-Fi, fantasy, documentary, mystery or musical. Alternatively, you can enter a keyword and and search for a specific movie right away.
Once you have found an entry that interests you, you can select the quality you like best, such as 720p or 1080p, then start watching the clip.
- Load custom subtitles
One of the main advantages of Popcorn Time 0.3.8-5 Beta is that it sports various types of subtitles for the movies it supports, so you can easily select the language you prefer.
Furthermore, you can also load a SRT subtitle from your own computer, that you have previously download from another source or that you have manually created.
All in all, Popcorn Time 0.3.8-5 Betacan be used by all those who enjoy watching a nice movie every evening and who also like using their own custom subtitles so as to understand the video much better.
News in Popcorn Time 0.3.8-5 Beta:
- Fullscreen consistent while playing
- Multi-screen support
- Windows 8.1 : the app doesnt go under the taskbar anymore
- & in titles are now correctly handled
- Local subtitles should now always load correctly
- UI fixes
- More descriptive error messages and logs
- Fix Open the app in last-open tab
- Fix some issues with Keyboard navigation
- Allow to hide the updater notification
- Fix an issue corrupting cache if used on an external HDD
- Improvements in subtitle encoding
- Autoplay fixes
- Trakt.tv is back!
- Torrenting enhanced (finding more peers and better seeding)
- Remote control (httpapi) fixes
- Open TV Details jump to fixed
- More subtitles results for TV Series
- Download progress in the player now works for single file taken out of multifile torrents
- Images positionning in Movies & TV Series details
- Anime: fixes an issue where series got no episodes & movies no links
- Subtitles: most external torrents should be matched with subtitles now
- Arabic fonts (aljazeera & khalid art) can now be used to correctly display arabic subtitles
- Fix most issues with remotes.
- Fix the Popcorn Time player when watching trailers.
- Node Webkit 12.1 (now known as nw.js)
- Cancel Play Next Episode
- Select your subtitles Font, and/or add a solid background to them.
- New subtitles for: Norwegian, Vietnamese
- Report bugs & issues from within the app (open the About page)
- Mark as seen/unseen in Movie Details screen
- No more ads from Youtube
- Stream subtitles with DLNA/UPnP
- Search Strike or KickassTorrents (torrent portals) and save some torrents for later
- Allow SSA/ASS subtitles, along with TXT (mostly Chinese & Polish - needs testing)
- The app will now remember: last chosen quality, player, subtitles position, volume
- Mark an entire TV Series as watched
- Choose the application install directory (provided that it doesnt need admin rights)
- Play local video files in PT Player (mp4, avi, mov, mkv)
- Windows: launcher allowing to use PT as default for torrents/magnets/video files
- Support for multimedia keys
- Launch external players in Fullscreen
- Minimize to tray
- Translated synopsis (overview) for TV Series & Movies
- Calculation of the P2P exchange ratio of the entire app traffic
- FakeSkan (bitsnoop) will now warn you if an external torrent was flagged as fake
- Randomize button allowing to open a random movie
- Start Popcorn Time minimized with -m flag
- 1080p TV Shows are here !
- Big Picture Mode will allow you to read Popcorn Times texts from your couch
- TVShow Time integration
- Display a warning if the HDD is almost full
- Sort by Trending on movies & tv shows
- Correctly display the sizes for your OS and language (ex: 32.5MiB in Linux English, 32.5Mo on Windows Spanish, 34.1MB in OSX English)