RawTherapee 4.2.276 Description
RawTherapee 4.2.276 is a Windows app that enables users to work with RAW pictures from digital cameras and make various image adjustments. It also features support for JPEG, BMP, TIFF and PNG, among other popular file types.
Quick setup and user-friendly GUI
Installing the tool takes little time and minimal effort. As for the interface, RawTherapee 4.2.276 adopts an attractive and intuitive structure. Thanks to the Explorer-based layout, you can easily locate and select photographs for processing. Working with multiple items at the same time is possible.
Tweak settings and apply effects
So, users can modify pictures when it comes to the sharpening level (e.g. set method, radius and amount), edges (e.g. iterations, quantity), microcontrast, impulse noise reduction, noise reduction, defringe and contrast by detail levels.
Additionally, it is possible to adjust the white balance, vibrance, channel mixer, HSV equalizer, RGB curves, color management, demosaicing, preprocessing, raw white and black points, dark frame, flat field and chromatic aberration.
RawTherapee 4.2.276 also makes room for basic editing tools like cropping, resizing and rotating, in addition to toggling fullscreen mode, enabling metadata filters, as well as configuring fast export options (e.g. bypass edge sharpening and noise reduction).
Configure app options
As far as program settings are concerned, users may change the interface theme and language, switch to a different date format, set the path to the external app (GIMP, Photoshop or other graphic editor) and configure sounds, among others.
Performance and conclusion
The image processing tool uses a moderate amount of CPU and system memory and has a good response time. We have not come across any problems throughout our testing; Raw Therapee did not freeze, crash or pop up error dialogs. Unfortunately, there is no help file available, so users must rely on previous experience in graphic editing software in order to work with this tool.
- High Image Quality:
- Get the most details and least artifacts from your raw photos thanks to modern and traditional demosaicing algorithms: AMaZE, DCB, fast, AHD, EAHD, HPHD & VNG4.
- Advanced color handling from white balance to HSV (Hue-Saturation-Value) curves and color management.
- Enhanced exposure and tonality tools: tone and Lab curves, highlights and shadows tools, etc.
- Multiple denoising methods - luminance, chrominance, impulse (for salt and pepper noise) noise reduction.
- Several tools to enhance details: unsharp mask, RL deconvolution, contrast by detail levels.
- Multi-threaded algorithms for high performance (RawTherapee can utilize modern processor features).
- Quick thumbnails load lightning fast and are replaced later with live thumbnails
- Batch processing: convert all the developed images at once without not loading the processor while you work.
- Basic tools immediately at your hands.
- Parallel editing of multiple images.
- An optional secondary display can be used.
- Wide variety of supported cameras: almost all DSLRs and even some medium format bodies are supported.
- Advanced control over the algorithms with many fine-tuning parameters.
- Command line usage besides the normal graphical interface.
- Various layouts - multiple tabs, single tab with filmstrip, vertical tab with filmstrip.
- Freedom for Free:
- RawTherapee is free and open source software, meaning you can use it free of charge, wherever you like on whatever hardware you like, as long as you abide by the copyleft GPLv3 license. Download the source code, modify it, feel free to do what comes to mind. We believe in open software.
- RT is cross-platform: Linux, Mac, or Windows, be it 32-bit or 64-bit - you pick, we provide.
- International: it is available in 25 languages!