Firefox 40.0b6 Beta Description
Firefox 40.0b6 Beta is an open-source web browser which provides excellent browsing speed, rich suite of customization options to personalize your daily Internet sessions, clean navigation mode, as well as extensions provided by third-party developers for adding extra functions.
- Smart and sleek design
The GUI is very flexible and gives you the freedom to customize the way your web browser looks like according to your preferences.
The “Hamburger” button brings key options closer to users, such as Zoom in or out, Cut, Copy, and Paste, New Private Window and New Window, History, Full Screen, Find, Options, Developer, Add-ons, Print, and Save Page. Drag-and-drop support is on the feature list for helping you rearrange, delete, or add new items.
What’s more, you can move the add-ons between the toolbar and menu, use the search field (which resides on the toolbar), and create bookmarks with just one click.
The curved tab structure, one-click bookmark and endless customization options provide a seamless navigation mode and make the GUI accessible to rookies and power users alike.
There are more ways that users may appeal to for altering the layout, such as themes for dressing up your web browser with different background colors or buttons and add-ons for embedding extra tools that let you check the weather, read RSS feeds, and more.
- Key features
Firefox bundles features that include spell check, private browsing, download manager, tabbed layout, bookmark manager, pop-up blocker, and several others. In addition to these, Firefox accommodates a series of tools for developers, such as the DOM Inspector and the Error Console.
The URL bar or address bar is able to remember visited websites, offers possible matches, and displays a list with websites that you can choose from. Plus, you can control what results are shown in the location bar from the “Options” panel by using both browsing history and bookmarks, history, bookmarks, or nothing.
- Sync options
The synchronization mode allows you to easily access your tabs, bookmarks, passwords, history, desktop add-ons, and desktop preferences across all your devices. You may create an account by providing details about your email and password, and confirming the validation link.
- Private browsing sessions
The developers from Mozilla put a lot of emphasis upon your online security and came up with private windows for helping users browse the Internet without leaving any traces in the history. Plus, it includes a sandbox security model for testing untrusted programs without affecting the host device, phishing detector, as well as an option for clearing all private data, such as browser history and cookies.
- A top web browser on the market
All in all, Firefox proves to be a reliable and fast web browser that provides a clean and comfortable browsing experience as well as plenty of customization options. With the aid of a few add-ons and themes, it can be tailored to the needs of day-to-day users, as well as developers.
- News in Firefox 40.0b6 Beta:
- Bug 1181204: Prevent use of the decoder outside the readers taskqueue
- Bug 1181042 - Disable TSF in default settings for Firefox 40.
- Bug 1184333 - Handle UTF8 paths as input for GMP loading.
- Bug 1184333 - Handle GMP crashing inside GMPVideoDecoder trial create.
- Bug 1184500 - Improve handling of index names in MAR files.
- Bug 1182496 - Dont create frames for SVG descendants with failing conditional processing attributes.
- Bug 1183725 - Windows 10 not recognized in downloadable blocklist.
- Bug 1145295 - Update assertion to allow for transaction id resets.
- Bug 1172357 - Use new tree-container class for about:welcomeback tree.
- Bug 1182444 - Show audio as enabled when an audio track is present in stream.
- Bug 1182308 - Windows 10 search rewrite should handle more Bing domains.
- Bug 1183484 - Cycle collect FontFaceSetIterator.
- Bug 1173195 - Dont assert success until successful in GMPSharedMemManager.
- Bug 1181097 - Properly handle the case of resuming an AudioContext with an MSG that is already switching to an AudioCallbackDriver.
- Bug 1165321 - Focus existing window if Firefox is already open in tablet mode.
- Bug 1170522 - Expose whether or not were in tablet mode to xul/js/css.
- Bug 1183920 - Properly delete MediaResource when released on non main thread.