Norton Security with Backup 126.96.36.199 Description
Norton Security with Backup 188.8.131.52 represents Symantecs top-of-the-line antivirus solution designed to safeguard the PC against all kinds of Internet-based attacks. In comparison with Norton Security, this version adds a backup feature that allows users to regularly copy files and upload them to a secure location.
- Rapid installation and clear-cut interface
The setup procedure is a fast and easy job that does not need customization. When it comes to the interface, Norton is wrapped in an elegant window with a neatly organized structure that provides immediate access to the main components, grouped together into the Security, Identity, Backup and Performance areas.
- Secure the PC by running multiple scans and configuring settings
Norton features various scan modes that enable users to quickly examine key areas, thoroughly check the entire computer, search only in custom-defined areas, scan the Facebook Wall for suspicious activity in exchanged links, determine which files need to be scanned via Norton Insight, as well as create diagnostic reports and resolve difficult malware scenarios using Norton Power Eraser.
Users have the possibility of tinkering with advanced settings when it comes to boot and real-time protection, along with the av behavior (e.g. compressed files, heuristics, tracking cookies, network drives), not to mention automatic updates and anti-spyware protection.
- Protect user identity by keeping data secured
Norton features an Identity Safe that collects all private information into one place, a tool that randomly generates secure passwords based on user-defined rules, along with a function to safely navigate the Internet using an engine powered by Ask.com to always be aware of trustworthy and suspicious websites. When it comes to ID settings, it is possible to tinker with settings pertaining to anti-phishing, malicious webpage blocking, and more.
- Boost PC performance and back up files
The computers overall performance can be maximized by defragging the disk, removing junk or unnecessary files (e.g. IE and Windows temporary files), managing autostart entries, and monitoring important events in graphs.
The backup feature can be customized in terms of files to backup, output location and schedule. Multiple configuration sets can be created to keep track of multiple backup jobs at the same time. It is possible to include pictures, music, financial files, video, Microsoft Office docs, emails, contacts, Internet Favorites and other file types, aside from user-defined objects. Files can be stored online via a Norton service or to another drive or disc.
- Performance and conclusion
Norton has always been a user favorite when it comes to antivirus solutions. The new Norton Security with Backup does not disappoint, since the backup feature offers advanced, yet intuitive settings to users who want to store their important files in a safe location. Paired with the fact that the tool delivers good results concerning malware detection ratio, real-time shield responsiveness, scan speed and resources consumption, users should at least give Norton Security with Backup a shot and see what its all about.
- Norton Community Watch tracks virtually every file on the Internet
- Defrag fixes common problems that can rob your computer of speed and power
- Startup Manager frees up PC memory and fine-tunes settings, so your computer starts up faster
- PC Tuneup removes unnecessary files to free up storage space and improve hard drive speed and reliability
- Safe Web tells you if a website is unsafe before you visit it and its too late
- Parental Control helps you protect your kids from online dangers by giving you direct access to Norton Family
- Scam Insight reviews a websites reputation and lets you know if its safe to enter your personal information