Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 1.7.8 Description
Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 1.7.8 was designed to be a Media Player Classic but for home cinema usage.
In addition, Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 1.7.8 can also support playback and recording of television as long as a compatible TV tuner is installed.
Now, you can use this accessible and easy-to-use piece of software to view all your favorite videos.
- MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs.
- It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
- MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:
- WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV, WEBM
Additional Player Features:
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Full ICC color management
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Usage of Toolbar images
- Supports Subtitles.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 - BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
News in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 1.7.8:
- DVB: Show current event time in the status bar
- DVB: Add context menu to the navigation dialog
- Add Finnish and Serbian translations
- Ticket #907, Enable “Properties” dialog for DVD and DVB playback modes
- Ticket #1091, Support MediaInfo analyse for DVD
- Ticket #1494, Add tooltip in the “Organize Favorites” dialog with path of the item
- Ticket #2438, Keep history of recently opened DVD directories
- Ticket #3647, Internal LAV Video Decoder: Support Cinepack and QPEG in low-merit mode
- Ticket #4941, Support embedded cover-art
- DVB: Improve channel switching speed
- The “Properties” dialog should open faster being that the MediaInfo analysis is now done asynchronously
- Make double-click tolerance consistent with system settings
- Ticket #4978, Execute “once” after playback event when playlist ends, regardless of the loop count
- Ticket #4991, Text subtitles: “opaque box” outlines will now always be drawn even if the border width is set to 0. The size of the text is independent of the border width so there is no reason not to draw that part
- Ticket #5056, Position the text subtitles relative to the video frame by default
- MediaInfoLib to v0.7.71
- ZenLib to v0.4.29 r498
- SoundTouch to v1.8.0 r201
- Little CMS to v2.7 (git 8174681)
- Unrar to v5.2.3
- LAV Filters to v0.63.0.52:
- LAV Video Decoder: Fix a crash when the video height is not a multiple of 2
- Ticket #3144, LAV Splitter: Support librtmp parameters for RTMP streams
- Ticket #4407, LAV Video Decoder: Fix a rare crash when checking the compatibility with hardware decoding
- Ticket #5030, LAV Video Decoder: The video timestamps could be wrong in some cases when using H264 DXVA decoding. This could lead to synchronization issue with the audio
- Ticket #5047, LAV Splitter: Fix missing tracks in (m2)ts files
- Ticket #5116, LAV Video Decoder: Fix aspect ratio for some MPEG2 streams
- Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, British English, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tatar, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese translations
- XySubFilter: Always preserve subtitle frame aspect ratio
- Properties dialog: The creation time did not account for the local timezone
- Properties dialog: More consistent UI for the “Resources” tab
- PGSSub: Subtitles could have opaque background instead of transparent one
- Audio CDROMs with extra content could not be played
- Ticket #2420, Improve the reliability of the DirectShow hooks
- Ticket #2626, Fix some rare crashes when another application prevents MPC-HC from rendering the video
- Ticket #2953, DVB: Fix crash when closing window right after switching channel
- Ticket #3324, Some applications could interfere with Skype API and prevent MPC-HC from running when “Display “Now Playing” information in Skype’s mood message” was enabled
- Ticket #3666, DVB: Don’t clear the channel list on saving new scan result
- Ticket #3742, Sync Renderer: Fix rare crashes when using Sync Renderer with “synchronize video to display” option enabled
- Ticket #3864, Video renderers: Fix a possible crash caused by a race condition
- Ticket #3991, Video renderers: Fix a possible crash when the D3D device cannot be created
- Ticket #4029, Fix a rare crash when right-clicking on the playlist panel
- Ticket #4436, DVB: Improve compatibility with certain tuners
- Ticket #4551, Fix a possible crash when saving the current frame
- Ticket #4721, Audio CD playback could hang and stutter with some drives
- Ticket #4933, ASS/SSA subtitles: Fix a crash for elements with no horizontal border but a vertical one
- Ticket #4937, Prevent showing black bars when window size after scale exceed current work area
- Ticket #4938, Fix resetting the settings from the “Options” dialog: some settings were (randomly) not restored to their default value
- Ticket #4954, Open dialog: Support quoted paths
- Ticket #4956, Improve Play/Pause mouse click responsiveness
- Ticket #4957/#4982, Do not adjust window width in audio mode if no cover-art/logo is loaded or its size is limited to zero
- Ticket #4969, DVD playback could fail with an error related to copy protection on some systems
- Ticket #4971, Bring back “Play next file in the folder” event in single time events menu
- Ticket #4975, Unrelated images could be loaded as cover-art when no author information was available in the audio file
- Ticket #4991, Text subtitles: “opaque box” outlines were scaled twice
- Ticket #4992, DVB: Enabling the “Information” panel using the “Info” button on the “Navigation” dialog would reduce the size of the main window when hiding the panel from the “View” menu
- Ticket #4993, DVB: The content of the “Information” panel was lost when changing the UI language
- Ticket #4994, The “Channels” sub-menu was not translated
- Ticket #4995, Some context menus weren’t properly positioned when opened by App key
- Ticket #5010, Text subtitles: Fix a crash in case of memory allocation failure
- Ticket #5055, True/False strings were not translated in value column on advanced page
- Ticket #5067/#5203, Fix RealText subtitle parsing: the parser did not work at all and could even crash
- Ticket #5127, Improve the behavior of MPC-HC when doing the MediaInfo analysis when playing from an optical drive. Playback will now be paused during the analysis to avoid concurrent accesses to the disk that might hang playback
- Ticket #5130, Lock the player when the scan dialog is opened. Double-clicking on a media file will always open a new instance of MPC-HC in this case. This avoids interrupting the scan accidentally and fixes the issues which used to arise when doing that
- Ticket #5130, Remove the information corresponding to the previously playing channel during the DVB scan
- Ticket #5131, DVD playback could stutter on some systems