Audacity 2.0.6 Description
Audacity 2.0.6 is an audio tool that allows you to record and play sounds, import or export WAV, AIFF or MP3 files.
Use Audacity 2.0.6 to edit your sounds using Cut, Copy and Paste (with unlimited Undo), mix tracks together, or apply effects to your recordings.
Audacity 2.0.6 also has a built-in amplitude envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram mode and a frequency analysis window for audio analysis applications. Built-in effects include Wahwah, Bass Boost, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST plug-in effects.
News in Audacity 2.0.6:
- Redesigned, searchable Keyboard Preferences with Tree, Name and Key views.
- Edit Menu: Cut and Delete are now in the top level of the menu.
- Transport Menu now includes Play/Stop and Play/Stop and Set Cursor (use Keyboard Preferences to create shortcuts for Play and Stop).
- Tracks Menu now includes Mix and Render to New Track.
- Track Drop-Down Menu now has Move Track To Top and Move Track To Bottom.
- New right-click menu choice Delete Label to remove single labels.
- Snap To now offers choice of snap to the closest or prior position. Note: the previous Snap To On keyboard shortcut will no longer work.
- Snap To settings are now independent for each project.
- Truncate Silence: redesigned with simpler option Truncate Detected Silence to shorten to the specified length without compressing silence.
- VST effects: New Settings dialog lets you specify buffer size (for faster processing) and enable buffer delay compensation (to prevent inserted silence). Compensation may cause a crash in a few plug-ins.
- VST effects now support standard FXP presets.
- LV2 effects are now supported on all platforms (textual interface only).
- Import or export using FFmpeg now requires FFmpeg 1.2 or later (or libav 0.8 or later).
- New Tamil translation (largely complete).
- (Windows) FLAC exports can now exceed 2 GB in size.
- Region Restore did not restore the region after using Preferences.
- Dragging selections with the keyboard or Selection Toolbar digits was very slow.
- (Windows) Help > About Audacity crashed when run in Magyar language.
- Reverb and Paulstretch were missing from Chains.
- Analyze > Contrast could report very inaccurate rms levels.
- Noise Removal: Attack and decay times were half as long as set.
- Click or drag on the Timeline after Loop Play continued to loop.
- Transcription Toolbar did not play slower than 0.1x speed.