Photomatix Essentials 4.0 Description
Photomatix Essentials 4.0 is an easy to use application that was designed in order to provide you with a standalone program for HDR image creation and processing.
Photomatix Essentials 4.0 is capable of managing HDR Tone Mapping and exposure fusion. Photomatix Essentials 4.0 will also give yo uthe possibilty to automatically align hand-held photos and remove ghosts as well as reduce the noise on the digital pictures.
- HDR processing from JPEG, TIFF, PSD and RAW files.
- Automatic alignment of bracketed photos.
- Automatic removal of ghosts.
- Option to pre-process photos with high quality noise reduction.
- Reading of exposure information from Exif data.
- Three HDR processing methods: Exposure Fusion (for "natural" look), Details Enhancer Tone Mapping (for creative work) and Tone Compressor Tone Mapping.
Dialog with preview for adjusting the following settings:
- Exposure Fusion: Accentuation, Blending Point, Sharpness, Color Saturation, Midtones contrast.
- Details Enhancer: Strength, Color Saturation, Smoothing, Luminosity, Microcontrast.
- Tone Compressor: Brightness, Compression, Contrast Adaptation, Color Saturation, Color Temperature.
- One-click presets showing as thumbnails.
- Ability to adjust alignment and noise reduction options on Preferences panel.
- HDR processed image can be saved as JPEG or 16-bit TIFF.
- Color managed display.
News in Photomatix Essentials 4.0:
- New Tone Mapping method designed to give realistic looking results while preserving details in highlight and shadow. It is called Contrast Optimizer and comes with the "Balanced" and "Vibrant" Presets.
- Finishing Touch step to add Contrast or Sharpening before saving.
- Back button to return to the Adjust & Preview step and apply other settings.
- Preview checkbox in the Adjust & Preview step to toggle between the original and the image with settings applied.
- Option in Preferences to refresh the Preview continuously as slider moves.