MKVToolnix 6.6.0 Description
MKVToolnix 6.6.0 is a set of items that will help you create, edit and inspect Matroska files. They do for Matroska what the OGMtools do for the OGM format and then some.
With these tools one can get information about (mkvinfo) Matroska files, extract tracks/data from (mkvextract) Matroska files and create (mkvmerge) Matroska files from other media files. Matroska is a new multimedia file format aiming to become THE new container format for the future.
News in MKVToolnix 6.6.0:
- mmg: new feature: implemented drag & drop in the chapter editor.
- mmg: bug fix: fixed an assertion in wxLogMessage() due to wrong format string/argument data types caused by changes in wxWidgets 3.0.0.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: improved resilience against MP4 files with obviously wrong entries in the 'sample size table' (STSZ) atom
- mkvmerge: bug fix: improved VC1 frame type detection so that it works even for streams without entry points
- mkvinfo: bug fix: at most the lower 32bits of the track numbers and track UIDs elements were output, even if the element in the file used more bits.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed accessing invalid memory in the memory handling core routines. May be triggered by the code to remove filler NALUs introduced in v6.5.0.
- mmg: bug fix: fixed the tracks list box on the input tab being invisible/0 pixels high with wxWidgets 2.9.x/3.x
- all: integrated the Portuguese translation. Although the translation files themselves had been added back in 6.3.0 that translation wasn't available for selection due to forgetfulness on my part
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The file detection code in the MPEG elementary stream reader had a logic error. Fixes #928. In practice this logic error didn't have any consequence