Firefox 24.0 Description
Firefox 24.0 is a fast, full-featured Web browser. Firefox 24.0 includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
Firefox 24.0 is one of the most progressive major browsers available, an early adopter if not always an innovator. Its features cover the range of browsing essentials, from allowing you to heavily customize your browser while respecting your privacy, to giving developers the tools they need, to supporting the technologies that are driving the future of the Web.
One of the new features expected in Firefox 24.0 is the three-state UI for Do Not Track feature (DNT). This allows users to express their wish against being tracked by sites or that they're okay with this sort of activity. A third option is sending absolutely no message to sites.
Another big thing in Firefox 24.0 is Firefox Health Report (FHR), designed to send Mozilla details about the application and how it is used in order to improve performance and stability in future releases. Users have the option to disable FHR and delete all data associated with it.
In order to help users get the best browsing experience, Firefox 24.0 will detect slow startup times and offer general instructions for speeding up the browser.
- Firefox Health Report (FHR)
- Three-state UI for Do Not Track feature (DNT).
- Comprehensive popup controls to keep unwanted advertising off your desktop;
- A tab browsing mode that lets you open several pages in a single window, allowing you to load links in the background without leaving the page you're on;
- Integrated search (powered by Google);
- Industry leading accessibility with Find As You Type - find links and page text by simply typing;
- Simplified privacy controls that let you cover your tracks more effectively;
- A streamlined browser window that lets you see more of the page than any other browser while at the same time being more configurable;
- A large variety of free downloadable extensions and themes that add specific functionality and visual changes to the browser.
News in Firefox 24.0:
- Support for new scrollbar style in Mac OS X 10.7 and newer
- Implemented Close tabs to the right
- Social: Ability to tear-off chat windows to view separately by simply dragging them out
- Accessibility related improvements on using pinned tabs (see 577727)
- Major SVG rendering improvements around Image tiling and scaling (see 600207)
- Improved and unified Browser console for enhanced debugging experience, replacing existing Error console
- Removed support for sherlock files that are loaded from application or profile directory
- Support for W3C touch events disabled (see 888304)