Opera Web Browser 12.10 Build 1618 Beta Description
The most full-featured Internet power tool on the market, Opera Web Browser 12.10 Build 1618 Beta includes tabbed browsing, pop-up blocking, integrated searches and advanced functions like Opera's groundbreaking e-mail program, RSS Newsfeeds and IRC chat. And because we know that our users have different needs, you can customize the look and content of your Opera browser with a few clicks of the mouse.
Opera Web Browser 12.10 Build 1618 Beta offers several new features for functionality, security, usability, customization, searching, saving, taking shortcuts and accessing Web content.
Whether you're going to work, working from home, developing Web sites, or just looking for a quick, solid browser that can help you quickly access the Internet, Opera Web Browser 12.10 Build 1618 Beta delivers a superior Web experience for every aspect of your online life, with lots of tech tools for power users.
- Now you have a new way to access your favorite Web sites. Just open a new tab to get your Speed Dial. It's easy to populate and addictive to use.
- You don't need a separate BitTorrent application to download large files. Simply click a torrent link and start the download.
- Want to view a site in a different way or deny certain cookies? Want to block pop-ups on certain sites only? Right click and select "Edit site preferences".
- It is easy to have many tabs open at once in Opera. But exactly which tab had that video you wanted? Hover your mouse on any tab to see a thumbnail preview.
- Opera's advanced fraud protection protects you against web sites that try to steal your personal information.
Add your favorite search engines:
- Right-click on the site's search field and select "Create search" from the menu.
- Small Web applications (multimedia, newsfeeds, games and more) that make your desktop experience more fun. Use the Widgets menu to discover new widgets and access your favorites.
- View download progress and access all your downloads from one simple transfer manager window.
- The password manager remembers your usernames and passwords so you will not have to.
- Opera supports mouse gestures, allowing you to perform certain movements with the mouse to access commonly used features.
- Notes can be kept in conjunction with a Web site you want to refer to later, or remind you of any particular information you may like to review again.
- Keyboard shortcuts - like mouse gestures - make your browsing faster and more efficient. Read more about all the keyboard shortcuts in Opera.
- Surf the Web easier and faster by opening multiple Web pages within the same application window
- Search Google, eBay, Amazon and more with our integrated search field. You can also search directly in the address field using keywords
- Fast Forward will detect the most likely "next page" link and greatly simplify navigation in multi-page documents such as search results and image galleries.
- The voice feature allows you to control Opera's interface by talking and to have documents read aloud. Voice is currently offered in English
- The F11 key toggles Opera's projection mode, using the whole screen for browsing and, if a projection style sheet is present, displays "slides" suitable for presentation.
- Opera supports kiosk mode - a lock-down mode in which the browser can be used for unattended computers in public places.
- Our built-in POP/IMAP E-mail client is a combined e-mail program, news reader, mailing list organizer and RSS/Atom newsfeed reader.
- We take pride in supporting all major Web standards currently in use, including CSS 2.1, XHTML 1.1, HTML 4.01, WML 2.0, ECMAScript, DOM 2 and SVG 1.1 basic.
News in Opera Web Browser 12.10 Build 1618 Beta:
- CT-3550 Multi-word string of SVG text with writing-mode="tb-rl" not shown
- CORE-48850 Some images don't show up / are way too small: http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de
- CORE-45534 Contenteditable presence adds to height of elements with CSS generated content
- CORE-19924 Nth-child not updated dynamically on DOM change
- CORE-48726 On setting, the SELECT.value attribute must set the selectedness of all the option elements to false
- CORE-48662 'Linked script not loaded' error posted to console when script is 204
- CORE-48537 If the input type is changed, Opera drops the first character
- CORE-47419 Incorrect change behavior for "display:none" checkboxes
- CORE-40079 getBBox() should return bounding box around full character cells on geometricPrecision-rendered text
- CORE-48714 Range.collapse() does not affect the attached Selection highlight
- CORE-41402 Unable to paste text in yahoo mail if clicking below caret line
- CORE-48053 Occasional crash when navigating backwards
- Fixed some crashes and memory leaks
- DSK-372508 [Windows] Opera process not closed on exit
- DSK-352231 [Windows] Ampersands on main menu in Vista and 7 with non-standard skin
- DSK-374420 [*nix] AltGr key alone acts like a left arrow key
- DSK-374547 [*nix] Some shortcuts with a character and CTRL do not work anymore
- DSK-373938 [Mac] Some cursors are blurry with retina display
- DSK-374755 [Mac] Redraw issues on when you resize text area
- DSK-374423 Can't install extension from file://
- DSK-374764 Visited search leaks memory
- DSK-373403 Speed Dial extension with previous="" and status="modified" isn't moved to begining
- DSK-372716 Crash after installation of context menu extension with svg icon
- DSK-345458 Opera disregards autosave.win.bak when the autosave.win file is missing or corrupted
- DSK-374750 Select dropdown list can be resized horizontally
- DSK-372588 Some users get a new installation with clean profile in tmp folder when upgrading Opera
- DSK-374589 Bookmark properties dialog should show Display URL if bookmark has one
- DSK-336588 Opera doesn't get updated browser.js for the new version of Opera immediately after autoupdating